In this article, we will be introducing you to some delicious and nutritious breakfast recipes that are all under 500 calories. Whether you''re watching your calorie intake or simply looking for some healthy and satisfying breakfast options, these recipes are perfect for you. From overnight oats to Greek yogurt parfait and egg and avocado toast, we''ve got you covered with a variety of tasty options that are easy to make and perfect for busy mornings. So whether you''re looking to start your day off on the right foot or simply looking for some new breakfast inspiration, be sure to check out these under 500 calorie breakfast recipes.
Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter and Blueberries
(400 calories, 50g carbs, 16g protein, 16g fat, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
80g oats (gluten free)
30g peanut butter
120ml Almond milk or Oat Milk
2g chia seeds
2g cinnamon or vanilla
1. In a bowl, mix the oats, chia seeds, and cinnamon.
2. Add in the almond milk and stir until the mixture is combined.
3. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator overnight.
4. In the morning, top with peanut butter and blueberries.
Enjoy Your Overnight Oats
Greek Yogurt Parfait with Granola and Strawberries
(400 calories, 54g carbs, 16g protein, 14g fat, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
120g plain Greek yogurt
2g chia seeds
1. In a glass, layer the Greek yogurt, granola, strawberries, chia seeds, and honey.
2. Repeat the layering until all of the ingredients are used up.
Enjoy your parfait.
Egg and Avocado Toast
(400 calories, 33g carbs, 15g protein, 24g fat, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
2 slices whole-grain bread
2g olive oil
2g black pepper
1. Heat a pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
2. Crack the egg into the pan and cook until the egg white is set.
3. Toast the bread and spread the avocado onto each slice.
4. Place the cooked egg on top of the avocado and sprinkle with black pepper.
Enjoy your toast.
If you are looking for more inspiration for breakfast, check out some of these favourites for cuisines across the world!
Canada: Maple Syrup Pancakes – made with maple syrup, butter, eggs and flour, this Canadian breakfast is and favoured world-wide.
2. Mexico: Huevos Rancheros – a dish of fried eggs served on top of a fried tortilla, topped with a spicy tomato sauce, recipes vary world-wide, and they can come with a very high calorie (Kcal) count, however Pura does often have this option with a much lower calories intake.
3. India: Masala Dosa – a thin, crispy crepe made from rice and lentil flour filled with a potato mixture and served with chutney. These are vegan and vegetarian friendly recipe.
4. Japan: Onigiri – rice balls, usually filled with pickled plum, salted salmon, or other ingredients and wrapped in a seaweed sheet.
5. Italy: Focaccia – a flatbread topped with olive oil, herbs, and other ingredients such as olives, tomatoes, and onions.
6. France: Croissants – flaky, buttery crescents made from puff pastry and served with jam or honey. Perfect as a weekend cheat meal, make sure that the jam is low in sugar and avoid adding (more) butter.
7. China: Congee – a savory porridge made from rice and served with a variety of toppings such as pickled vegetables, eggs, and meats.
8. Ethiopia: Injera – a spongy flatbread made from teff flour, served with a variety of sauces and curries.
9. Israel: Shakshuka – a dish of poached eggs in a spiced tomato sauce, served with pita bread. A very popular weekend breakfast in dubai, and found in many of the best breakfast spots in the city.
10. Egypt: Ful Medames – a dish of cooked fava beans served with olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice.
Signup to our blog newsletter to receive more articles, how to tip and more recipes with low calories - signup here